Born in 1982 in Italy, after a Master’s degree in Japanese Language I crossed the continent and started living near Osaka.
I worked as programmer at first, then in 2009 I discovered a deep interest for wine and started studying Italian wines with some friends. In 2012 I spent some months in New Zealand, where I took my WSET Level 3, then I went back to Japan and started working in a wine shop.
I have worked in the wine retail sector in Osaka and Kobe for 5 years, then in 2017 I managed to get the WSET Level 4 Diploma and switched job to Wine Education. Now I am employed in a wine school in Tokyo, both in the office and in the class.
Other certifications that I own: Italian Wine Scholar (Highest Honors), Bourgogne Master-Level at the Wine Scholar Guild, Wine Expert for the JSA (Japan Sommelier Association), Comrade of Cheese and German Wine Expert for the Japanese German Wine Association.
What I am teaching so far:
- April 2018 – September 2018
- Course on Italian wine (we covered almost all the regions and we talked about the most significative grapes and wine styles) – 6 lessons
- October 2018 – March 2019
- Course on Burgundian wine (Yonne and Côte d’Or) – 6 lessons
- WSET Level 2
- April 2019 – September 2019
- WSET Level 2 and Level 3
- Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1